Tuesday, March 9, 2010

where have i been, conclusion

So to finish up talking about the Tampa Ren Faire I will talk about what is different about Tampa.

Tampa is the most free-spirited Faire I have been to so far. There's little pretense. People dress up, but in all kinds of clothing, not just renaissance stuff.- fairies, pirates, lotr characters, characters from other movies, etc.

It's a family fair but it is also a very bawdy one - salacious garb, flirting, telling stories, overall openness.

And little things show that they are not as uptight as some other faires can be. For ex, if you have a mug or tankard, at the pub they will fill up whatever you hand them regardless of size for the same price! That is cool.

I am going to faire again next Saturday so I am sure I will have more to say about it then!

Moving on...

Yesterday I went to see Avatar at the IMAX Dome at MOSI. Not 3D which was disappointing! And the image on the screen was muddy sometimes like during some of the action sequences - very disappointing! Also colors washed out - overall I still enjoyed it but not the big wow it was in imax 3d.

Mosi is 1/2 mile to the east of my hotel and 1/2 to the west is an outdoor shopping center w lots of different restaurants. I walked from Mosi to the shopping center and got some food from a Vietnamese restaurant - spring rolls and chicken w mixed veggies - not bad

Well time for me to get moving - my friend Bob is picking me up in a while and we are going to the Dali Museum in St Pete

No comments:

Post a Comment