Thursday, March 11, 2010

Now only two amigos/Wednesday concluded

Bob announced to us that he regrettably needed to head home, and could not accompany us to dinner. Hugs were exchanged and Bob was on his way.

Now just two amigos, Kevin and I put together our evening plans: a taxi to Toast, a cigar and wine bar not far from USF, followed by dinner next door at a German restaurant, Mr. Dunderbaks.

Toast was empty, so we had the smoking room with its plush chairs and flatscreen tv all to ourselves. Kevin had a Riesling and I got a glass of a Shiraz/Malbec, selected cigars from the humidor - an Alec Bradley Maxx for me, Bucanero for Kevin. Hector, the bartender/host at Toast was very nice to us, setting us up with a Big East tournament game on the tv.

Walking into Mr. Dunderbaks was like coming home for me. German beer, sauerkraut, sausages, numerous different kinds of mustard, potato salads, even ketchup infused with garlic. The best restaurant experience I've had in Tampa so far! Another place I wouldn't mind returning to! Maybe Saturday night after I attend faire I'll meet up with Kevin and go to Dunderbaks and Toast again.

So this just about brings us up to the present. Kevin spoke with the desk person and they agreed to let him smoke in his room. The rain has stopped momentarily and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we might still be able to see the Yanks play the Braves tonight with my nephew Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment