Sunday, March 14, 2010

ah now this is life!

My second weekend in Florida did not disappoint! Renaissance Faire on Saturday, traveling to Miami today, Sunday.

The faire was the usual thing - enjoying the company of my friends, beautiful weather, rat pucking, good beer, wearing renaissance garb, and yummy food!

I attended the Renaissance SMoker again, and this time Patrick was leading the bawdy humor which was especially raunchy. I don't think I can share any of those jokes with you! But the crowd of about 40 was roaring almost non-stop, and there was a lot of female-friendly jokes!

I got back to the hotel and went straight to Kevin's so he could see my faire clothing. We decided to go back to the German restaurant Mr Dunderbaks and toast cigar lounge. Sauerbraten and rot kohl for dinner w a creamy stout, then a glass of cabernet and an Alec Bradley Maxx for me.

We were both exhausted and knew we would get not much sleep but we didn't complain! I woke up early and got packed and the taxi came in just a few minutes and we got to airport in good time. We thought we were on different flights w different carriers, but not only were we on the same plane but were sitting right next to each other! Too crazy!

Omg I am happy I survived that flight! It was a prop plane and taking off and landing was HAIRY!!! Plus the seat was really uncomfortable and the flight was rough on my body, it beat me up!

But we made it to Miami! Woohoooo! Our hotel is nice but so different from the last place which was pretty conventional. This is not conventional! One wall is covered w mirror and one with a huge photo of a leaf no less than 15 by 12 feet. The door to the bathroom and closet both have panels w butterfly wings.

Kevin and I went for a walk to explore our area, Collins Ave in south Beach. We found a Walgreens to buy some sunblock and softdrinks, and a deli where we could buy some bread and cold cuts to make a simple dinner in our rooms.

But before dinner it was time for a cigar out on the patio. Wow what a cool place! Brown tiles with whicker tables and chairs, facing a bunch of palm trees shading the area and a yellow motel. Such a perfect spot to relax!

Our cigars smoked, we had our quiet dinner. Now it's time for a good sleep. Tomorrow should be a quiet day. There's a chance we might visit a lounge in Westin but otherwise we will explore our area more and do some laundry. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment