Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday morning in Faire land

Well, yesterday's first day of Faire did not dissapoint. Pucking fun, flinging rats into the air as unsuspecting faire-goers looked on with confusion. Hanging with my friends, drinking cask ale (cask ale at a faire?). Walking all over the mulch and whatever, visiting merchants selling leather and wooden mugs. Getting compliments for my new garb and admiring other people's outfits.

Afterward, a bunch of us about 25 strong went to an area Greek restaurant called Acropolis, where we sat in an enclosed outside area that was thankfully heated - the day was warm, but getting chilly. I feasted on good bread, breaded smelt and lamb chops with orzo and grilled vegetables - not bad.

And then it was back to my room to give myself time to allow the exhaustion to set in. But exhaustion tinged with euphoria that I get to wake up today and do it all over again! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment