Friday, March 26, 2010

March 18, conclusion: Dinner with Camacho

Dinner was great. We arrived there having already had a very full long day, ready to relax and eat some good food. STK was a really nice looking restaurant. Berta and Emilio were still there with us, as we met our hosts, Maria Martin and Dylan Austin, as well as Carlos and Anelys. Before we sat down to dinner, Maria set to divvying up free cigars for each of us, 5 per person.

What? More cigars? Wow. You know, I wore a suitjacket that day, to look nice and also so that I would have some pockets. Well, I was running out of pocket space. For those of you scoring at home, that was 14 cigars I acquired, of which I only paid for 2, plus there were two more that I smoked during lunch (the Medina 1959s). Plus there were business cards, and various other pieces of paper and whatnot. My jacket was packed to the gills.

Luckily my stomach was more or less empty. Because dinner was lots of good food. Appetizer salads, one shrimp with avocado (almost like a ceviche), another one whose content I've forgotten. Warm bread with olive oil. Then the main course, a t-bone steak, a big one, with mixed mushrooms and asparagus on the side. Others had mac and cheese and creamed spinach. And lots of wine, cabernet I think, throughout.

The evening concluded with a visit to the rooftop bar/pool area for a casual smoke. Since it was getting rainy and kinda cold and everyone was tired, we didn't stay for too long, maybe an hour at most. Maria gave me the leftover cigars to share with ladies in the G&S back home - my exec decision is to give them all to Sandi.

Finally, we were driven back to our hotel. The next day Kevin was leaving around noon, and that was sad. Plans were for the rest of us to go back to Cuban Crafters - I wasn't sure what else Ade might be planning. I was going to see Kevin off at the very least.

No comments:

Post a Comment